“I WANT TO GET SKINTOX INJECTION TO PREVENT THE FORMATION OF WRINKLES”
Why is it important to educate our patients within the aesthetic industry? The answer can be seen from the title above. There are still people who think that SKINTOX can “prevent” the formation of wrinkles, and this assumption is very wrong! SKINTOX is not a wrinkle prevention, nevertheless, skintox is a treatment that can reduce the appearance of wrinkles. You cannot do a skintox injection if you haven’t developed wrinkles in the first place. Why? Read down below 🙂
SKINTOX or botulinum toxin works by blocking or preventing signals from the nerves to the muscles so there will be no muscle contraction. Therefore, Skintox is injected on the muscles that are located on the forehead, around the eyes, on the lip line and possibly on the neck where the appearance of wrinkles are often seen. “So wrinkles are caused by muscle contraction?” Wrinkles can be caused by repetitive muscle contractions due to facial expressions. This type of wrinkle is called the Dynamic Wrinkle (frowning, squinting or smiling, etc.). There is also Static Wrinkle or wrinkles at rest where it is caused by the loss of skin elasticity due to aging. The appearance of static wrinkles can also be triggered by sun exposure and smoking.
But don’t worry, although wrinkles can’t be prevented, you can slow down the process through the use of skincare or clinic treatments.
Skincare Recommendations :
- The easiest and low budget way is the use of sunscreen (min. SPF 30). Sunscreen will help in protecting your skin against UV rays. UV rays can damage your skin infrastructure causing wrinkles to form prematurely (photo/premature aging).
- Antioxidants such as vitamin A (Retinoids), vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), vitamin E (Tocopherol) and Ferulic Acid. Antioxidants function to maintain our skin health by repairing any damage from free radicals or oxidative stress, preventing wrinkles and pigmentation (vit A, B3, C & Ferulic Acid), stimulating collagen production (vit A & C), accelerating the skin healing process (vit E) and reduce inflammation or redness (vit B3, E, A & Ferulic Acid).
- Hydroxy Acids such as Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Azelaic Acid help to regenerate new skin cells and exfoliate dead skin cells causing the skin texture to become smoother, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturizer : daily use of moisturizer is very important because skin moisture and hydration must be maintained to prevent dryness and fine lines. Use ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides, Peptide Complex, Squalene, Glycerin and Urea.
Treatment Recommendations :
- Thermage FLX
- Radiesse Collagen Booster
- Dermal Filler
- MENOLAKTUATM Injection
- Skin Booster
- Exilis Ultra 360